The Art Of Gratitude – Part 2
Above is the quot l believed in and took the *risk* to challenge myself to be grateful and exhibit gratitude daily.
OK so let's continue with today's Seven(7) practices.
- The Magic Ingredient : This practice will help you to appreciate whatever you consume, be it food or drinks. I realized that the act of being grateful for even the simplest things like a glass of clean drinking water helped me to appreciate bigger things as l received them.
- The Money Magnet : This practice will help you to express gratitude for the solutions to problems which are yet to be solved. For instance the payment of a bill, talk in the present as if it has been sorted out. I used this practice to generate the money l needed of one of the international trips hosted by my company, which l paid fully for whereas previously things didn't look like l could raise money for the trip.
- Magic dust everyone :Show appreciation to those who do things for you, and help them realize that their efforts are appreciated. When people see that their efforts are appreciated, they can bend over backwards in order to continue to please you.
- A Magic Morning : Count your blessings from the time you wake up till bedtime. The more things you show gratitude for,the more things you to you.
- Magical People Who Make A Difference : Identify some key people who make a difference in your life and take time to analyze the kind of impact they have made in your life, write them down and be grateful for them. When l got to this practice, l found out that despite how frustrated l can get sometimes with these same people, their actions and in-actions have helped shape me into a better person.
- Make All Your Wishes Come True : With this practice, Rhonda encouraged the reader to be thankful for your desires even before they have been achieved. Eg Thank you, thank you thank you, for making it onto the leader board in MLSP . Now the whole idea is to really feel that your desires have come into fruition so you need to analyze the emotional feelings you get from the thought of achieving these desires, who you will share the news with and how you will go about sharing it, as well as one(1) significant thing you'll do after receiving your desires. It is soo easy to wish for something and after receiving it take it for granted. For eg people hop, skip and jump in an attempt to get a great job. After landing this great *job* lower their guard and forget to tackle with the same enthusiasm on the job they fought tooth and nail for.
- Have A Magical Day : Start your magical day from the morning, by telling yourself how great it's going to be. Work through your day in your mind's eye a perfect day and how you intend it to go and say thank you for a perfect day. When l practice this, l find that external factors really don't make any impact on my general effectiveness throughout my day. There are some things you can do something about and others you just cannot, so there is not need to allow what you have no control over to dictate what you do have control over. Eg Don't allow someone who has failed in something tell you that you will also fail like him/her. That's BS! Excuse my words but….
“You become what you think about most.. But you also attract what you think about most. (John Assaraf) ”
― Rhonda Byrne,
Feel free to comment and share, have a productive day